cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.xml.serialize ??
Date Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:38:30 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> So I'm trying to compile 1.6dev using Ant again, and I get the following
> error:
>
> /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/formatter/HTMLFormatter.java:56:
> Package org.apache.xml.serialize not found in import.
> import org.apache.xml.serialize.*;

Extracted from "installing.xml"

  <note>
   Cocoon is strictly dependent on some printing classes contained into
Xerces
   so, even if you use another parser, you should still keep Xerces
visible
   to Cocoon.
  </note>

> I thought I had all of the required packages. I guess not. Can anyone clue
> me in as to which disparate resource this package lives in?

Xerces.

> Stefano, what
> about my suggestion to include recent copies of all of the disparate
> packages needed to build cocoon nowadays in a 'bin' or 'extra' directory?

Hmmmm, will look at the legal details and let you know.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.