cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with StyleBook
Date Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:32:09 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> > I love the blackdown version, and I think it's not fair of Sun that
> they're
> > not giving Blackdown any credits!
>
> Sun failed to give Blackdown credit in the PR... It's unfortunate and a
> shame, but an honest mistake. PR folks don't "get" the culture of open
> source and look for corporate endorsements. This is changing, but don't
> expect to see it change all at once.
>
> All of the people that I've talked to that are involved in getting Java on
> Linux out the door are not happy about this and regret that so much
> commotion is ruining what should be a very happy event.

I'm happy to hear that, but it's far from enough.

It would be a very nice move (and a very worthwile one for Sun and the
java community in general) if Sun did a new PR telling these words to
the world. Nothing fancy, just: Sun wishes to thank the BlackDown.org
team and all the people that worked with Sun and Imprise to make the
linux port possible and blah blah.... and we wish to keep working with
them and such and such.

Grrr, I should send this directly to Scott (McNealy) and see what
happens: Sun cannot afford to be unfriendly to the open source movement.
I bet you guys will have to face that pretty soon...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.