cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A bug and a fix in FileProducer.java
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:37:48 GMT
Alex Muc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with cocoon over the last few days using
> JSWDK-1.0 on my windows 95 machine with JDK1.2.2.

[...]

You touched a nerve: the only major Servlet API incompatibility is
servlet mapping. We all know this, but we can't fix it until all servlet
engines support the latest spec (which is clearly not the case).

The patch you propose breaks both JServ and JRun behavior to allow
Tomcat behavior. (yes, JSWDK has codename tomcat that we borrowed in
Jakarta).

Adding support for Tomcat and Servlet 2.2 mapping is in my todo list,
but I have many other stuff to do before that. Anyway, you're welcome to
come up with a solution, but make sure you don't break existing behavior
or tons of users will kill you :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.