cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From CHRISTOPH.OEH...@SBB.CH
Subject Re: Error Handler
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
--- Erhalten von  I0.U150033 0512 20 5221                 17.12.99 08.53

I think the tree layer aproach is a good one. Althoug I'd like the
ErrorHandler to handle all Errors. If for some reason the ErrorHandler
throws an exception then we would send Error 500.

I'd like to handle an error depending on the user-agent. For example
display an wml-error page.

What do you think?

From: stefano@apache.org
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:17:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Error Handler

CHRISTOPH.OEHLER@SBB.CH wrote:

> --- Erhalten von  I0.U150033 0512 20 5221                16.12.99 08.10
>
> >> Sounds good ...
> >> just one question: can then the webserver return a wml-error or
> >> html-error depending on the user agent??
> >
> >No. The web server will just return a static error page, I'm afraid.
> >
> >But we can discuss further extentions to this operation in the future,
> >of course.
>
> What happend to the idea of implementing a ErrorHandler-interface. With
> that everyone could plugin the desired handler?

I took a deep look at that and I find it a critical patch: what if the
error handler interface is not present or some other errors happen, who
"controls" the "controller"?

we could have three layers:

- normal operation
- error that doesn't prevent XML/XSL operation -> ErrorHandler
- total nasty error -> sendError(500);

what do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

  -> cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org