cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brett McLaughlin" <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject Re: Producers
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:27:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 1999 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: Producers

> Brett McLaughlin wrote:
> >
> > Aahhhh ... I get it...   <light-bulb/>
> >
> > One more question for now... where is the virtual "/" when referring to
an
> > XSL stylesheet from a producer/processor/whatever?  I want to reference
it,
> > but relative to my root directory it doesn't seem to like.
>
> That is a problem I'm not sure how to fix. Every servlet engine does its
> own stuff and I don't know how to create a portable behavior.

You should be able to, at a worst case, build in a mechanism to get the root
of the document requested (this is already there for FileProducer) and then
paths could be relative to that - or some other sort of getRealPath() type
mechanism.  I certainly don't want to get an error (or give one to a client)
and show them that a file at d:\dev\xsl\sheet.xsl is missing, it gives too
much information about my system away.

Let's talk more on this, I can help implement it.

-Brett