cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brett McLaughlin" <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Cocoon
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 22:01:43 GMT
> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Brett McLaughlin wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get and document the process of getting Cocoon working
with
> > Jakarta.  Has anyone done this?
> >
> > Also, does Cocoon respond differently to not having an init. args of
> > properties= vs. not _finding_ the file specified?  This would help me a
lot
> > to know for debugging.  Thanks,
>
> Yes, it does. The former makes an error page come up that says you didn't
> supply an initialzation argument. The latter sends a message saying the
> publishing engine could not be initialized (though there are lots of
> things that can make that message happen).
>
> Btw, how far along is Tomcat?

Just far enough to be frustrating... ;-)  I am trying to get Cocoon up on
it, but am having some significant problems with the way Tomcat handles init
args and so forth... still working on it.  There is also (surprise) hardly
any documentation yet, so that is not making things any easier... still
working on it though, and when I get it up I'll post instructions for the
docs.

-Brett