cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sidney Chong" <sid...@krdl.org.sg>
Subject Re: sqlprocessor question
Date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 03:22:44 GMT
ok, I'm found the problem: I was getting a null pointer exception.

After a good deal of printlns (BTW, anyone knows a better way to debug
cocoon code?), I came down to this:

Class: ConnectionDefs
Method: public Properties getQueryProperties(String name)
BUG: this mtd returns null if name is not found in the query_props_table
hence causing the nullpointer exception to be raised in
SQLProcessor.process() (line 116)

FIX: I've changed the mtd to the following:

public Properties getQueryProperties(String name) {
  if (name == null) return default_query_props;
  Properties query_prop = query_props_table.get(name);
  if (query_prop == null) return default_query_props;
  return query_prop;
}

Donald, how does that sound?

Sidney