cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <smue...@us.oracle.com>
Subject Re: Inheritance in XML for SQLProcessor
Date Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:54:08 GMT
| I see on the release notes page that XSQL has diverged from SQLProcessor
| even further than I'd realised (changing doc-element to rowset-element,
| different lookup rules for {@variables}).

These "lookup rules" are what I was talking about for how
attribute/parameter values get resolved with local or contained
scoping.

| I guess that my grand plan of a
| common XML schema for rendering SQL queries as XML is going to have to
| wait a while; I'd kind of hoped that if Oracle and the Apache group could
| carve out a schema together, we could establish a standard. Alas, since
| even we two parties can't agree to collaborate, we'll just have to borrow
| and reimplement each others' good ideas.

I think this is still desireable. Our next release
should make it clearer where we're headed with this
technology and where it makes sense to share semantics.

Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml