cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davies" <pdav...@cgocable.net>
Subject Re: SMIL
Date Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:13:08 GMT
> Jerm wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone done any work with SMIL?
>
> No
>
> > I know little about it ...
>
> So do I.
>
> > But I think it is an XML based interactive multimedia format.
>
> It is.
>
> > And I heard there might be a codec for it in the up coming QuickTime
4.1.

> Didn't know that.
>
> > Could be interesting to do stuff with it in Cocoon.
>
> Sure thing.
>
> > I've possibly got a 3 year research/production contract coming up to do
web-based streamed/interactive multimedia content ....

> That's great news. I'm interested in making Cocoon support all the
> different XML technologies outthere. It should be the XML glue you
> always wanted to have :)

I have successfully experimented with SMIL for live-streaming ITV and
sequenced mixed clips, and know the basic structures. May be illegal to say
here, but left it on the back burner  while back in favour of Shockwave and
RealProducer for commercial apps. Would be interested in reviving the effort
for Cocoon though.

Paul

Paul Davies Industrial Art
Shockwave, Flash, and Java-based media