cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon on its new home!
Date Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:16:19 GMT
Juergen Hermann wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:57:22 +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> >d)  documentation moved to XML
> >
> > - creation of the "Apache Documentation DTD 1.0a" (still in working
> >draft) using "XML Specification DTD v2.0" by Eve Maler
> >(elm@arbortext.com) used by W3C to edit their own specifications, plus
> >using HTML 4.0 as a reference base for tags. Feedback welcome.
> >
> > - porting of HTML -> XML for all HTML documentation
> > - porting to XML of both changes.xml and todo.xml
>
> Did you consider DocBook?

This is going to be the ultimate FAQ, I can feel that.

> Just FYI, it has the advantage that it's
> stable and being actively worked on as its own project (you know,
> duplication of efforts and all).

I evalutated DocBook a while ago, but I found it utterly overcomplex for
our needs.

On the other hand, what bugged me most is the lack of good
tutorial/documentation/examples. Do you have any good pointer for any of
those?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.