cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is there a way to do this?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:31:57 GMT
"George Henry C. Daswani" wrote:

> I was wondering if there's a way to do this on cocoon..
>
> Basically..
>
> <------- test.xml ------>
> <?cocoon-process type="dcp"?>
> <?dcp-object name="marketdata" language="javascript" code="marketdata.js"?>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE page [
>     <!ENTITY xmlSource SYSTEM "<?dcp-content
> method="marketdata.handleDynamicCalls"?>">
> ]>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="marketdata.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <page>
>  &xmlSource;
> </page>
> <------- test.xml ---->
>
> marketdata.handleDynamicCalls just returns
> an url with the proper get request..
>
> eq..
>
> test.xml?command=getAll
>
> will run and marketdata.handleDynamicCalls will return
>
> http://localhost/php/xmlProvider.php?command=getAll&cursorLocation=0&rowCoun
> t=10
>
> and I want the output of that entered into
>
> <page>
> &xmlSource;
> </page>
>
> Is this possible?

Not really clean, but yes, it's possible.

Do a DCP method that fetches the requested URL (directly via HTTP) and
copies it there.

Not clean since you have to go back out to the front of the web server
and back again. Apache 2.0 will give us more hooks to do that
internally.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.