cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When, or where is latest development release?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:37:26 GMT
Simon McClenahan wrote:

> I'm replying to this new list instead of the Working Dogs list, hope that's OK ...
>
> I downloaded and installed GNU's CVS, and I've followed the concept of AnonCVS outlined
at http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html . Having not used CVS before, I briefly RTFM'd and managed
to get some sort of listing, but I could not find Cocoon. Can someone give me some basic CVS
commands to be able to grab the current Cocoon source as anoncvs?

> I then discovered the Daily Archives at http://www.working-dogs.com/daily/ . So I got
the latest version and did a make, but I got a bunch of "Package X not found in import" errors
for all the parsers and xslt processors and the ecmascript interpreter. So this means that
I am required to download all of these packages to be able to compile Cocoon! Is there a definitive
list of required packages? Can I assume that Cocoon2 will use Xerces/Xalan in the distribution,
and/or SAX, and not the individual packages mentioned?

> Speaking of Cocoon2, where, and when? It was said that there would be a working version
by the end of the year, what are the chances of someone getting something working within the
next week or two? I'm just asking, not trying to pressure anyone or seem ungrateful.

Sorry, I'm really busy and the process of moving from java.apache to
xml.apache will take a while. Sorry about that, please be patient a
little more.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.