cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DataChannel XPages ...
Date Sat, 13 Nov 1999 15:28:14 GMT
Zvi Avraham wrote:

> Stefano,
>
> you once mentioned DataChannel's XPages,
> I also read about them in :
> http://industry.java.sun.com/javanews/stories/story2/0,1072,20294,00.html
>
> "- XPages, from DataChannel -- an XML application markup language for
> quickly building data-driven, cross-platform Web applications that
> integrate disparate data sources. An XPage application is defined by an
> XML file that aggregates multiple data sources, makes that data URL
> addressable and defines custom methods to access that data. The
> DataChannel submission includes Java code for a servlet based engine"
>
> Is this will be integrated with XSP ?

At this point, no. We'll have both XPages _and_ XSP and we'll see what
the users decide/like.

> I don't find it on xml.apache.org,
> what's the status of it ?

DataChannel is working on cleaning the source code up to donate it to
the project. It will happen soon.

I haven't seen the source code yet, just a few example and they sound
like a mix between DCP, XSP and a PDOM, still allowing page compilation
but also offering some content/logic separation.

The PDOM capabilities might be attractive, but I need to see how this
works in practive before make any judgement since I'm kind of skeptical
on using DOM as a DBMS API.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.