cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierpaolo Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon on its new home!
Date Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:11:56 GMT
From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>

> I evalutated DocBook a while ago, but I found it utterly
> overcomplex for our needs.

I spent almost one month crashing my head down on DocBook (when we first
thought about StyleBook @ IBM!)... We had the same idea... Too much
complexity and too few flexibility...

The DTDs we uses for XERCES documentation (and currently for all the
XML.APACHE.ORG website), were designed exactly for that. Susan Hardenbrook
(our tech writer, who had no experience on XML documentation before), Mike
Pogue (my manager), and me designed them to allow untrained people to pick
them up easily...
We were so much conforted when Andrew (our second tech writer, that just
joined our team) picked them up and started using them correctly with
basically no training... Our goal was successful :)

    Pier