cmda-dev mailing list archives

From "Pan, Lei (398K)" <>
Subject Re: No report?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 09:16:21 GMT
Hi John:

I have submitted our report last night.
Did you see it? I am attaching it below.

Yesterday I was collecting info from our team

Climate Model Diagnostic Analyzer
CMDA provides web services for multi-aspect physics-based and phenomenon-
oriented climate model performance evaluation and diagnosis through the
comprehensive and synergistic use of multiple observational data,
data, and model outputs.
Climate Model Diagnostic Analyzer has been incubating since 2015-05-08.
The achievements in October of 2016 are:
  1. Drafted the Apache CMDA project web page
  2. Developed a mechanism to keep track of user id in each service call
  3. Designed a mechanism to define a workflow, to execute a workflow, to
     collect the result and provenance from the workflow execution.
  1. To facilitate workflow scenarios in which a scientist can chain two or
     more services;
  2. To develop a suite of science use cases;
  3. To demonstrate the use of provenance in recommendation of data, users,
     and services.
aware of?
  A climate scientist Frank Lee has joined the project to develop science
  cases. The priority has been shifted to helping him in adding new source
  data files and modifying the software to accommodate these new data
  The issues that we found from our 2016 Caltech/JPL climate summer school
  have been addressed. Examples are: a mechanism to capture and store user
  for provenance data collection, and removal of some functionalities that
  are not meant for users that do not have login accounts on our website.
Date of last release:
When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  [ ](climatemodeldiagnosticanalyzer) James W. Carman
  [ ](climatemodeldiagnosticanalyzer) Chris Mattmann
  [ ](climatemodeldiagnosticanalyzer) Michael James Joyce
  [ ](climatemodeldiagnosticanalyzer) Kim Whitehall
  [ ](climatemodeldiagnosticanalyzer) Gregory D. Reddin
Shepherd/Mentor notes:

On 11/3/16, 5:19 PM, "John D. Ament" <> wrote:

>Hi Lei,
>Where are you collecting this info? Any public discussions on it?
>On 2016-11-02 18:10 (-0400), "Pan, Lei (398K)" <>
>> Hi John:
>> I am collecting info for the monthly report.
>> I will post it as soon as possible. I am
>> sorry for not getting it done earlier.
>> Thanks,
>> -Lei
>> On 11/2/16, 3:07 PM, "John D. Ament" <> wrote:
>> >Dear CMDA Podling,
>> >
>> >I've noticed that you have yet to post a report.  I've also noticed
>> >your mailing list activities have dwindled again.  I was wondering if
>> >had a plan forward at this point.
>> >
>> >John

View raw message