cmda-dev mailing list archives

From "Pan, Lei (398K)" <>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Retire the CMDA Podling
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 19:58:49 GMT
Like Jia said, we would like to stay and therefore
would appreciate it greatly if the mentors could
give us a three-month probation.

Our latest efforts in creating a CMDA community include
recruiting a Caltech student into our development
team via the summer internship program, and getting
ready to serve as the tool for the Caltech/JPL climate
summer school. We will be reporting the details of
these activities along the way.

Thanks a lot for your help!
From: Jia Zhang []
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Retire the CMDA Podling

Dear Chris and Mentors:

The team had a meeting to retrospect our Apache Incubator experience. We realized that the
team has put a lot of intention to building the project but put insufficient efforts on fulfilling
Apache requirements. Our deep apology from the team.

Now that we have understood the importance of following Apache procedure and smoothing and
documenting all communications, we would like to ask for another chance to work on the incubator
project. Say, we would ask for a three month of testing time frame. If we fail to meet the
requirement, we will retire the project.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Best regards,

> On Jul 5, 2016, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mattmann <> wrote:
> As a mentor, this is a difficult decision for me. Overall, I am +1
> in favor of retiring the podling.
> The podling has been given ample time to discuss and make use of
> the Apache mentorship and community and its actions have shown that
> the mentality for development is unfortunately different. I believe
> it is in the best interests of both the community for CMDA and the
> Apache community to retire the podling at this point in time.
> Sincerely,
> Chris Mattmann
>> On 7/5/16, 8:57 AM, "Martin Desruisseaux" <>
>> Hello John
>> Sorry for the delay. I saw the thread and the call for the vote, but I'm
>> not sure to understand what "podling" means?
>>   Martin
>>> Le 03/07/16 à 15:27, John D. Ament a écrit :
>>> All,
>>> There was a discussion recently [1] started by Chris about the state of the
>>> podling.  I'm concerned about lack of public activity, and what seems to be
>>> external forces who control the state of the podling.  As a result, I'm
>>> calling a vote to retire the CMDA podling.
>>> [ ] +1 to retire CMDA from the Incubator
>>> [ ] -1 to keep CMDA in the Incubator
>>> John
>>> [1]:

View raw message