cmda-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire the CMDA Podling
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 13:53:45 GMT
Given Lei and Jia’s response, I am OK to give them a few more months
to figure it out, but it’s really got to happen during that time or
we’ll be right back here to square one.

Lei, and Jia, and CMDA community: you can start by writing an Incubator
plan, and then you can follow by interacting here at the ASF, first,
and only, for your project.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)

On 7/5/16, 12:58 PM, "Pan, Lei (398K)" <> wrote:

>Like Jia said, we would like to stay and therefore
>would appreciate it greatly if the mentors could
>give us a three-month probation.
>Our latest efforts in creating a CMDA community include
>recruiting a Caltech student into our development
>team via the summer internship program, and getting
>ready to serve as the tool for the Caltech/JPL climate
>summer school. We will be reporting the details of
>these activities along the way.
>Thanks a lot for your help!
the team has put a lot of intention to building the project but put insufficient efforts on
fulfilling Apache requirements. Our deep apology from the team.
>Now that we have understood the importance of following Apache procedure and smoothing
and documenting all communications, we would like to ask for another chance to work on the
incubator project. Say, we would ask for a three month of testing time frame. If we fail to
meet the requirement, we will retire the project.
>Please let us know your thoughts.
>Best regards,
>> On Jul 5, 2016, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mattmann <> wrote:
>> As a mentor, this is a difficult decision for me. Overall, I am +1
>> in favor of retiring the podling.
>> The podling has been given ample time to discuss and make use of
>> the Apache mentorship and community and its actions have shown that
>> the mentality for development is unfortunately different. I believe
>> it is in the best interests of both the community for CMDA and the
>> Apache community to retire the podling at this point in time.
>> Sincerely,
>> Chris Mattmann
>>> On 7/5/16, 8:57 AM, "Martin Desruisseaux" <>
>>> Hello John
>>> Sorry for the delay. I saw the thread and the call for the vote, but I'm
>>> not sure to understand what "podling" means?
>>>   Martin
View raw message