cmda-dev mailing list archives

From "Pan, Lei (398K)" <>
Subject deploying for the summer school 2016
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:00:36 GMT

I have burned an EC2 image and launched an instance here
for testing purpose:

This finished the full round trip test and confirmed that,
with some manual help, we are able to kick start as many
Amazon virtual servers with our CMDA services deployed
in Docker as we want. Please give the above url a try.

Another thing you could test with, is the newly deployed w10n here:
thanks to Gary’s effort.  The auto start script is updated with this service
and is yet to be tested in the next round of EC2 image to be burned.

Now it is time to move on to the 2nd phase of summer school
deployment. Namely this means to continue building on this instance:

ssh -p 8122

(1) for Benyang: I have brought the github clone to up-to-state with the newly
restructured github repository. Unfortunately, I have noticed that all the front end
html files are not your latest versions. So it is time for you to merge all your
latest html files to this github repository, I have sent you an email yesterday (or 2 days
and you could choose to use your own PC for the merge first and commit/push
the merges to githu. I know you have been busy with your family, so I may try to merge
one file (twoDimMap.html) and test it if I can find some time today;

(2) for Qihao: please deploy all CMU services to:

In this way we are mimicking the previous deployment using the new, decoupled
github repository, so we do not need to change any of the auto start scripts;

(3) for Chengxing and Terry: if you would like to copy the new data files
directly to the cloud for summer school, I can set up accounts and or permissions
for you to write to the data folder on the cloud. Just let me know what you want
to achieve.

I have not been feeling well in the last couple of days, so I may not be
super responsive to your emails. Please bear with me.