cmda-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire the CMDA Podling
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 16:50:46 GMT
As a fellow mentor I have to agree with Chris. We've tried on numerous
occasions to help the developers understand the need for public,
community-based work. They just don't seem to be getting it. I get the
feeling that the nature of this project sort of requires this type of
directed development instead of community-driven development.

So I'm a reluctant +1.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Chris Mattmann <> wrote:
> As a mentor, this is a difficult decision for me. Overall, I am +1
> in favor of retiring the podling.
> The podling has been given ample time to discuss and make use of
> the Apache mentorship and community and its actions have shown that
> the mentality for development is unfortunately different. I believe
> it is in the best interests of both the community for CMDA and the
> Apache community to retire the podling at this point in time.
> Sincerely,
> Chris Mattmann

View raw message