cmda-dev mailing list archives

From Qihao Bao <>
Subject User Mapping between JPL_backend and CMU_Provenance
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 22:28:51 GMT
Hi all,

*I have thought about the user mapping issue based on Benyang's suggestion
yesterday*. As we know, each user would be assigned to a VM instance.

I think you can get the instance URL inside of the For example,
you can get
for one instance and another URL for another instance, right?

So if you add a dict of 'I*nstance URL to UserId*' and still send UserId to
CMU_provenance as identification, everything would still work and nobody
else would have to change their code.

What i can do is to provide you the mapping of 'UserName to UserID in
CMU_provenance', since you already have the mapping of ' instance URL to
UserName', you will be able to join them together.

Thanks a lot.