cmda-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhai, Chengxing (398K)" <>
Subject Re: AIST/CMDA meeting minutes 6/22/16
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:04:08 GMT
Hi Terry,

This is a good point. Currently, the range of time record is not uniform across different
models and variables. 8 years is indeed kind of short. Let me work on it.

— Chengxing

From: "Kubar, Terry (329J-Affiliate)" <<>>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 6:39 PM
To: "Pan, Lei (398K)" <<>>, "Lee,
Seungwon (398K)" <<>>
Cc: Benyang Tang <<>>,
Chengxing Zhai <<>>,
"<>" <<>>
Subject: RE: AIST/CMDA meeting minutes 6/22/16

Hi Chengxing (et al.),

I know you talked about expanding the number of both AMIP and CMIP models that would be included
in our CMDA Services, but I forgot to ask if the time range would also be increased?  Having
8 years of data are great for a representation of the almost present climate (1997-2005),
but having more than ~15 years would allow users to more thoroughly examine variability at
the interannual timescale, such as ENSO.  I’ve been thinking about this as well for a possible
part of research topic for the summer school.