cmda-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <>
Subject Re: Retirement?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:10:50 GMT

This is pretty similar to what has been said before.

It sounds like there are very strong and natural pressures and social
structures that make it hard to really conduct development in the open. It
may well be that conducting the development the way it has been going in
the past (i.e. not on the mailing list) is more natural and efficient than
conducting the development in the Apache style.

As such, it might really be better to embrace that alternative development
style. Just going ahead and saying that this is a research group project
might be a better thing that trying to force the project into an unnatural
Apache style.

As Chris mentions, not all projects should be Apache projects. For many
projects, trying to do work in the Apache style is actually a bad thing
rather than a good thing.

To me, it really sounds like this is one of those cases.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Pan, Lei (398K) <>