cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Corey, Mike" <mike.co...@sap.com>
Subject Windows Template & Multiple SCSI Controllers
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:54:28 GMT
Hi,

As I progress with my ACS & VMware setup I seem to hit a bump at every turn.  I've gotten
to the point where I'm now able to upload a Windows 10 template that we use in production
(VMware) into ACS.  However, when I create a new instance through the GUI it is deployed with
a total of 4 SCSI controllers when it should only have ONE.

What is strange is that the clone of the template that ACS copies into vCenter only has a
single SCSI controller (as expected).  In fact, when I clone a VM (traditional vCenter method)
from the ACS template that was create - that VM only has the single controller and boots to
the OS fine.

Any ideas are welcome as to why this behavior is occurring.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.corey@sap.com

[cid:image003.png@01D661C1.F1E298B0]