cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Corey, Mike" <mike.co...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Windows Template & Multiple SCSI Controllers
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:37:38 GMT
I could use some advice on this.  I completely recreated my Window10 VM/Template and imported
it into ACS.  Deploying an instance runs; however a couple things are out of the normal and
I could use some guidance on troubleshooting.

1 - The ASC template that ASC deploys does not include the network adapter that my imported
OVA has.  Is this expected behavior of the template?

2 - Booting the deployed Instance VM to UEFI can't see the system volume (device 0:0) and
fails to boot up Windows.

3 - Booting the deployed Instance VM to BIOS gets a Windows unrecoverable error - fails to
boot up Windows correctly.

Cloning a VM from the ASC Deployed Template VM (adding a vnic after) works and the VM loads
as expected.

So my question to the greater forum is what is ASC doing under the covers to the VM hardware
that could prevent the OS / System Volume / primary partition from loading in the ASC deployed
VM Instance?

Anyone with a VMware & CloudStack deployment running out here that can shed some light?

Thanks!

Mike