cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ammad Syed <syedamma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack 4.11.3 to 4.13.1 DB Upgrade Error
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2020 08:31:40 GMT
Thanks Sergey and Ajindra,

The issue was failed / broken update because of database permission issue
of cloud user while performing upgrade from 4112 to 412.

I have restored fresh database and grant all to cloud user and upgrade went
successful.

Thank you guys for your support.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 11:23 PM Ammad Syed <syedammad83@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade cloudstack from 4.11.3 to 4.13.1. I am having below
> db upgrade error while upgrading. I think the upgrade is executing wrong
> script i.e from 4.11.2 to 4.12.0. Please advise.
>
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,650 INFO  [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle]
> (main:null) (logid:) Running system integrity checker
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker@8dfe921
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,651 INFO  [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) Grabbing lock to check for database upgrade.
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,684 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.VersionDaoImpl] (main:null)
> (logid:) Checking to see if the database is at a version before it was the
> version table is created
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,701 INFO  [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) DB version = 4.11.3.0 Code Version = 4.13.1.0
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,701 INFO  [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) Database upgrade must be performed from 4.11.3.0 to 4.13.1.0
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,712 DEBUG [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) Running upgrade Upgrade41120to41200 to upgrade from
> 4.11.2.0-4.12.0.0 to 4.12.0.0
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- distributed with this work for additional information
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> --
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> --   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> --
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- software distributed under the License is distributed on an
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- specific language governing permissions and limitations
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- under the License.
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> --;
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- Schema upgrade from 4.11.2.0 to 4.12.0.0
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> --;
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,715 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> -- [CLOUDSTACK-10314] Add reason column to ACL rule table
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,716 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> ALTER TABLE `cloud`.`network_acl_item` ADD COLUMN `reason` VARCHAR(2500)
> AFTER `display`
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,718 ERROR [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> Error executing: ALTER TABLE `cloud`.`network_acl_item` ADD COLUMN `reason`
> VARCHAR(2500) AFTER `display`
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,718 ERROR [c.c.u.d.ScriptRunner] (main:null) (logid:)
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate column
> name 'reason'
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,719 ERROR [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) Unable to execute upgrade script
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate
> column name 'reason'
>         at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:185)
>         at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:87)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.runScript(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:199)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:254)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:338)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.checkIntegrity(CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.start(CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.java:55)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.doStart(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:183)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.access$200(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:52)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor$LifecycleGroup.start(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:358)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.startBeans(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:159)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.onRefresh(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:123)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:884)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:552)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContext(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:145)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet$2.with(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:245)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:250)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:233)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContexts(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:117)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.load(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:79)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.ModuleBasedContextFactory.loadModules(ModuleBasedContextFactory.java:37)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.init(CloudStackSpringContext.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:58)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.web.CloudStackContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(CloudStackContextLoaderListener.java:52)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:890)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:532)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:853)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:344)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1515)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1477)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:785)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:261)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:545)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:107)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.gzip.GzipHandler.doStart(GzipHandler.java:273)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:115)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:418)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:107)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:385)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.ServerDaemon.start(ServerDaemon.java:189)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.ServerDaemon.main(ServerDaemon.java:105)
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,721 ERROR [c.c.u.DatabaseUpgradeChecker] (main:null)
> (logid:) Unable to upgrade the database
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to execute upgrade
> script
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.runScript(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:205)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:254)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:338)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.checkIntegrity(CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.start(CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.java:55)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.doStart(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:183)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.access$200(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:52)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor$LifecycleGroup.start(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:358)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.startBeans(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:159)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.onRefresh(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:123)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:884)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:552)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContext(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:145)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet$2.with(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:245)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:250)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:233)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContexts(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:117)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.load(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:79)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.ModuleBasedContextFactory.loadModules(ModuleBasedContextFactory.java:37)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.init(CloudStackSpringContext.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:58)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.web.CloudStackContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(CloudStackContextLoaderListener.java:52)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:890)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:532)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:853)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:344)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1515)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1477)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:785)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:261)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:545)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:107)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.gzip.GzipHandler.doStart(GzipHandler.java:273)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:115)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:133)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:418)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:107)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:385)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.ServerDaemon.start(ServerDaemon.java:189)
>         at org.apache.cloudstack.ServerDaemon.main(ServerDaemon.java:105)
> Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
> Duplicate column name 'reason'
>         at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:185)
>         at com.cloud.utils.db.ScriptRunner.runScript(ScriptRunner.java:87)
>         at
> com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.runScript(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:199)
>         ... 50 more
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,722 DEBUG [c.c.u.d.T.Transaction] (main:null) (logid:)
> Rolling back the transaction: Time = 10 Name =  Upgrade; called by
> -TransactionLegacy.rollback:890-TransactionLegacy.removeUpTo:833-TransactionLegacy.close:657-DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade:269-DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check:338-CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.checkIntegrity:65-CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle.start:55-DefaultLifecycleProcessor.doStart:183-DefaultLifecycleProcessor.access$200:52-DefaultLifecycleProcessor$LifecycleGroup.start:358-DefaultLifecycleProcessor.startBeans:159-DefaultLifecycleProcessor.onRefresh:123
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,724 WARN  [o.a.c.s.m.c.ResourceApplicationContext]
> (main:null) (logid:) Exception encountered during context initialization -
> cancelling refresh attempt:
> org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Failed to start
> bean 'cloudStackLifeCycle'; nested exception is
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to upgrade the
> database
> 2020-07-13 20:29:37,724 WARN  [o.e.j.w.WebAppContext] (main:null) (logid:)
> Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@221af3c0
> {/client,file:///usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapp/,UNAVAILABLE}{/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapp}
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
>
> Syed Ammad Ali
>


-- 
Regards,


Syed Ammad Ali

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message