cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Craig Dunn <sendai...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Subject Cloudstack guest password
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2020 08:31:43 GMT
 Hi all,

Just subscribed and after some advise. I'm trying to setup a new Centos8
template for our cloud platform.

I want to use the guest password script so we can deploy and a password is
generated on deployment but I'm having issues getting it to work. I'm
following this guide:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/archived-cloudstack-administration/en/latest/templates/_password.html

And it seems straightforward I have got the script in /etc/init.d and made
it executable and changed the permissions and run the chkconfig command but
it still doesn't work, I have tried reverse engineering one of our working
templates (which I didn't do) but it doesn't seem obvious how it working.
Can anyone help or advise?

Thanks