cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Kumar <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Cloudstack guest password
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2020 09:02:43 GMT
Hello Craig,

So setup-password scripts works from inside of the VM. If you just look on the script -

1- First it finds the DHCP server IP from lease file. So make sure that you are getting you
lease file in your any of the folder mentioned in script - i.e DHCP_FOLDERS="/var/lib/dhclient/*
/var/lib/dhcp3/* /var/lib/dhcp/*”. Sometimes it does’t generate the lease file, So you
have to check first why is it got generating the lease file.
2- Now just try to run the manual command to see wether you are receiving any password or
not i.e 'wget -q -t 3 -T 20 -O - --header "DomU_Request: send_my_password" $PASSWORD_SERVER_IP:8080.
Replace $PASSWORD_SERVER with you DHCP serve IP, which you can find in step -1
3- If you are able to get things you wanted in Step-1 and Step-2 then run the script manually
(It should reset the password by running manually )  weather to check if it is running on
successfully on boot or not.
4- I am assuming that you have already enabled the password box in your templates and cloud-init
installed on you template.

Vivek Kumar
Manager - Cloud & DevOps
IndiQus Technologies
24*7  O +91 11 4055 1411  |   M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com <http://indiqus.com/>

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for such action. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Although
IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both
are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.