cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Altering systemvm templates - VirtualBox?
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2020 09:26:21 GMT
Use the RAW or VHD format with VirtualBox, once you're done convert the vhd to qcow2 using
qemu-img.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

https://www.shapeblue.com

________________________________
From: Greg Goodrich <GGoodrich@ippathways.com>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 00:35
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Altering systemvm templates - VirtualBox?

I was looking to manually update our 4.11.3 system vm templates to perform the workaround
described in https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/3654, however, I can’t seem to
get the system vm QCOW2 file to boot in virtual box. It tells me it can’t find a boot device.
Can anyone point me to some information on how to do this, or maybe to another way to update
a systemvm template?

I’m using a Mac running VirtualBox (latest version), and attaching the QCOW2 file as the
drive, specifying 64 bit Debian linux as OS.
Thanks!

--
Greg Goodrich | IP Pathways
Senior Developer