cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: VXLAN Connectivity
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2020 01:34:51 GMT

I assume you're using the native linux VXLAN feature. If so, it uses multicast, so make sure
you have a routable ip address on the interface being used for VXLAN, or it won't pass any
traffic. Also make sure iptables is allowing multicast traffic to pass.

-Soi
________________________________
From: Mr Jazze <mrjazze@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:31 PM
To: CloudStack Mailing-List <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: VXLAN Connectivity

Hello Again,

I've reconfigured my test environment to use VXLAN instead of OVS which
went no where. I've of course deployed Advance Mode and put all the pieces
in place which yielded a somewhat functional cloud. I was able to deploy
Windows Server 2016 virtual machine. Initially, this VM didn't acquire it's
DHCP address from VPC router. I noticed VM was running on 2nd host and
router was running on 1st host, so I migrated VM to the same host as
router; then it was able to acquire DHCP address and ping 1.1.1.1. Then,
while trying to troubleshoot why there was no connectivity across hosts the
router took a dump and I had to destroy it to get another router deployed,
now VM is unable to get IP address regardless of which host.

Does anyone have any experience with similar issue with VXLAN connectivity
and/or advice on how to resolve?

--

My Search to Build a Private Cloud!