cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Kumar <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com>
Subject Re: Issue adding a second zone to Cloudstack
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2020 09:22:08 GMT
Hello Sean,

You need to again seed the template to the secondary storage of your new zone just like you
did for the first zone.

i.e
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt -m /mnt/secondary
-u http://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.11/systemvmtemplate-4.11.3-kvm.qcow2.bz2 <http://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.11/systemvmtemplate-4.11.3-kvm.qcow2.bz2>
-h kvm -s <optional-management-server-secret-key> -F

Vivek Kumar
Manager - Cloud & DevOps
IndiQus Technologies
24*7  O +91 11 4055 1411  |   M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com <http://indiqus.com/>

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for such action. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Although
IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both
are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

> On 28-Mar-2020, at 4:08 AM, Sean Lair <slair@ippathways.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We are running 4.11.3 with a single zone, that zone is working without issue.  We are
trying to add a second zone to the installation, and everything seems to go well, except we
are confused on how the SystemVM templates should be handled for the new zone.  The new zone
has its own secondary storage (NFS).  When Cloudstack sees the new Zone, it attempts to provision
a Secondary Storage VM.  However, it is unable to because the SystemVM Template doesn't exist
on the new secondary storage (NFS).

> Are we supposed to pre-populate another copy of the SystemVM Template in the additional
zone and secondary storage?  Or should cloudstack copy the existing SystemVM Template (which
is set as cross-zone) to the new zone for us?  Here is some detailed information:

> MariaDB [cloud]> SELECT id,name,type,cross_zones,state FROM cloud.vm_template WHERE
name like '%systemvm-kvm%' AND removed IS NULL;
> +-----+------------------------------+---------+-------------+----------+
> | id  | name                         | type    | cross_zones | state    |
> +-----+------------------------------+---------+-------------+----------+
> | 344 | systemvm-kvm-4.11.3          | SYSTEM  |           1 | Active   |
> +-----+------------------------------+---------+-------------+----------+
>
> MariaDB [cloud]> select id,store_id,template_id,install_path, download_state from
template_store_ref;
> +-----+----------+-------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
> | id  | store_id | template_id | install_path
                   | download_state |
> +-----+----------+-------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
> | 666 |        1 |         344 | template/tmpl/2/344/182f0a79-1e16-3e53-a6e9-fcffe5f11c3e.qcow2
        | DOWNLOADED     |
> | 756 |       16 |         344 | template/tmpl/1/344/
                   | DOWNLOADED     |
> +-----+----------+-------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
>
> Why in the template_store_ref table did cloudstack add a new row with "downloaded" and
missing a filename in the "install_path"?

> The KVM host cannot mount the template on the new secondary storage, because it isn't
there yet (should cloudstack be copying that template from the existing zone to the new one
for us?):
> 2020-03-27 18:51:40,626 ERROR [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor] (agentRequest-Handler-2:null)
(logid:6b50f03a) Failed to create netfs mount: 10.102.33.5:/zone2_secondary/template/tmpl/1/344
> org.libvirt.LibvirtException: internal error: Child process (/usr/bin/mount 10.10.33.5:/zone2_secondary/template/tmpl/1/344
/mnt/b69caab0-4c1e-34b6-94b8-2617ba561e9a -o nodev,nosuid,noexec) unexpected exit status 32:
mount.nfs: mounting 10.10.33.5:/zone2__secondary/template/tmpl/1/344 failed, reason given
by server: No such file or directory