cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Darrin Hüsselmann <Darrin.Husselm...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Adding regions and zones
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2020 07:01:38 GMT
Hi Rohan,

According to the manual, Cloudstack doesn't have this feature:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.11/reliability.html

HA-Enabled Virtual Machines<http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.11/reliability.html#ha-enabled-virtual-machines>

The user can specify a virtual machine as HA-enabled. By default, all virtual router VMs and
Elastic Load Balancing VMs are automatically configured as HA-enabled. When an HA-enabled
VM crashes, CloudStack detects the crash and restarts the VM automatically within the same
Availability Zone. HA is never performed across different Availability Zones. CloudStack has
a conservative policy towards restarting VMs and ensures that there will never be two instances
of the same VM running at the same time. The Management Server attempts to start the VM on
another Host in the same cluster.

HA features work with iSCSI or NFS primary storage. HA with local storage is not supported.

Cheers
Darrin
________________________________
From: Rohan Shet <rohanshet1995@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:53 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Adding regions and zones

Hi All,

   - I have installed Cloudstack on two different regions and both are
   working fine.
   - I want to add both regions and have Zone Availability, i.e. if one
   zone goes down or fail, another zone will take care, and VM's can migrate
   to that zone. Providing zone HA feature.
   - Higher availability of the services: users can deploy services across
   Availability Zones and even if one of the Availability Zones goes down the
   services are still available to the end-user through VMs deployed in other
   zones.

Please guide..........
Thanks and regards
Rohan