cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sakari Poussa <spou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extra parameters to KVM instances
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 06:52:14 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the information. It was useful.

Let me elaborate by use cases a bit more. I have PCI host devices with
sriov capabilities. I may have 48 virtual functions (VF) on a host. I want
to assign the VFs to some VM but not all. So I need some control which VMs
gets the VF and others don't. Also, I need to keep track which VFs are
already assigned and which are free. Lastly, I want to expose the VFs to
containers running on VMs created by the upcoming Cloudstack Kubernetes
Service (AKS, pull #3680).

Looking at the first feature you mentioned, I don't think I can use that.
It has no control on which VMs to add the extraconfig. It is all or nothing.

The second feature, which you started to work on seems to have more
potential. Do you see it can support my use case?

Thanks, Sakari

--
Sakari Poussa
040 348 2970