cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <peter.murysh...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Minimal and meaningful recommended configuration in multi-hypervisor context
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:02:23 GMT
Hi, all,

previously we have used a set of custom bash scripts to configure cloud-init to serve template
creation both for KVM and VMWare Hypervisors. Though it's a maintenance effort and also compatibility
risks.

Is it possible to have a standard YAML configuration in this case? Also without the multi-hypervisor
context, I have hard times to find a minimal template by operation system.

Typical requirements:

- have a custom SSH user
- synchronize network configuration and hostname with CloudStack

Following the manual the YAMl configuration seems quite simple from the first glance but then
for example with Ubuntu I run into issues with the network configuration, like the interface
does not come up.

Please help me to understand what can I expect, whether the configuration with cloud-init
needs to be elaborate and maintain custom scripting for above use cases for every operation
system and hypervisor or it's possible to tune common use cases in a simple way via the standard
YAML?

How's your experience there, and are there shareable examples (maybe include them in the sources/documentation)?

--
Peter Muryshkin
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V. / Zentrale