cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating From Basic to Advanced Zone
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 18:18:07 GMT
Don't run mgmt on same KVM hosts that are used by Cloud Stack, just don't
please.

Migration of VMs into ACS boils down to creating root volume snapshot,
converting to template and downloading that template into other ACS env.
For data disks, you can also create snap, convert to volume and download
it, or simply download original data volume while VM is stopped.

There are currently no better ways to migrate/import a foreign VM into
CloudStack.

Best,