cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mgmt node on kvm host
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2019 19:09:09 GMT
In short,

Never, EVER, do such thing (especially in production of any kind).

Mgmt server (any auxiliary components like standalone DB server, billing
software, monitoring software, load balancers etc - all things that are
needed for production...) can be on KVM nodes, but a standalone KVM nodes,
which are NOT managed by CloudStack. Whether you use VMM from Linux
Desktop, plain/manual management via libvirt and "nano" etc...all good as
long as not managed by ACS - you want to avoid cyclic dependency and mgmt
server issues due to high host usage/overload, etc, etc, etc.

Regards,
Andrija