cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adam Witwicki <awitwi...@oakfordis.com>
Subject CPU compatibility issue
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 12:08:12 GMT
Hello,

I am having an issue on a new test system, cloudstack version 4.11.00 (shapeblue) with KVM
(Ubuntu 16.04), In production and in the past I have used these settings in the agent.properties

guest.cpu.model=SandyBridge
guest.cpu.mode=custom

As this was needed to allow windows 2016 to boot and allow live migration

Yet now on a clean install I get this error when trying to start any instance (console, router,
instance)

2019-06-05 13:03:13,282 WARN  [resource.wrapper.LibvirtStartCommandWrapper] (agentRequest-Handler-5:null)
(logid:2df290f8) LibvirtException
org.libvirt.LibvirtException: unsupported configuration: guest and host CPU are not compatible:
Host CPU does not provide required features: avx, xsave, aes, tsc-deadline, x2apic, pclmuldq

If I use host-passthrough it works

This may be a clue https://github.com/ustcweizhou/cloudstack/commit/16e87a80d85d283d52c3d72001cd94d9fda25278
but I am not sure.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Thanks

Adam

Disclaimer Notice:
This email has been sent by Oakford Technology Limited, while we have checked this e-mail
and any attachments for viruses, we can not guarantee that they are virus-free. You must therefore
take full responsibility for virus checking.
This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by those to whom
they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us, delete the message
from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission
is prohibited.
Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Oakford Technology Limited does
not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying
its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oakford Technology Limited.
Registered address: Oakford Technology Limited, The Manor House, Potterne, Wiltshire. SN10
5PN.
Registered in England and Wales No. 5971519