cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: installation troubles
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:14:20 GMT
Hi Gregor,

If you can, would you mind submitting a pull request to the documentation repo
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation
to add the missing steps?

Many thanks
Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT) <Gregor.Riepl@swisstxt.ch>
Sent: 26 February 2019 09:59
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: installation troubles

Hi,

> I'm not sure the community is able to help you with local DEB repo you
> host in the network. Try to use the guide and install from the
> official repository.

I think Alejandro *was* following the guide. It specifically explains how to build your own
CloudStack packages and set up a dpkg repository:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.2.0/installguide/building_fro
m_source.html#building-deb-packages

Those instructions are incomplete.
To create a valid Debian repo, you also need a Release file, and you should probably keep
the uncompressed Packages file as well.

I use the following script to do this:

dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null > Packages gzip -9k Packages apt-ftparchive release . >
Release

To generate signatures, use:

gpg --clearsign --digest-algo SHA512 -o InRelease Release gpg -abs --digest-algo SHA512 -o
Release.gpg Release

Regards,
Gregor