cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change an instances NIC
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:53:34 GMT
Adam,

Makes sure to test it thoroughly.

i.e. you can also change Settings tab of the Stopped VM (add details like
rootDiskController = pvscsi or nicAdapter=Vmxnet3 etc) - in case of VMware
no changes are actually in place after VM is booted (i.e it doesn't work
yet), in contrast to KVM, where new setting ARE being used/applied when you
boot a VM...
This is a way ti override whatever is implicit setting of the OS Type you
are using (what Ivan suggested).

Cheers
Andrija

--