cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Cloud List <cloud-l...@sg.or.id>
Subject Keeping snapshot when volume and instance is deleted
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 03:14:23 GMT
Hi,

I am using CloudStack with KVM hypervisor.

I noted that a volume snapshot will be deleted when the volume (and
instance using the volume) is deleted. Is it possible to keep the snapshot
saved somewhere when the volume and instance are deleted?

My goal is to have a backup copy of the data before an instance (and its
volumes) is deleted, and keep it on the secondary storage (or another
external storage if possible, but not the primary storage) for a certain
period of time.

So far the solution I can see would be:
1. To export the snapshot into another volume (which will take up space on
the primary storage).
2. To save the snapshot as template (which is not practical especially for
data-disk).

Is there any other solution? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-ip-