cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Eric Lee Green <eric.lee.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding template from management server's local storage
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 02:20:56 GMT
On 2/27/19 2:58 PM, Fariborz Navidan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have used qemu-img tool to convert a vmdk to qcow2 image. I want to add
> the image as template to ACS so I can deploy from it and get the VM
> migrated to ACS. I have installed httpd on management server and I am able
> to start the file at url such as http://hostname/images/test.qcow2 from my
> browser. However when I add the template to ACS, under Zone tab, it show
> status as Active and Ready as No. It seems, it does not start to download
> and install the template. I don't see any error.

You can log into the secondary storage VM and see the error, but I can
tell you what it most probably is.

Look for

secstorage.allowed.internal.sites

in your Global Settings tab.

And see what's there. This is a list of cidrs that are allowed as
sources for downloading images. For example, if you have an FTP server
set up at 185.27.174.5 and you also have an internal network of
10.120.0.0/24, you'd put this string in there:

10.120.0.0/24,185.27.174.5/32