cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Richard Persaud <richard.pers...@macys.com>
Subject RE: SystemVM template - timeout waiting for response from storage host
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:38:28 GMT
Sorry for the late response.

Yes, I did seed it.
Yes, my KVM host can access Secondary storage.
Yes my mgmt can access all of my Secondary storage devices.
I have 1 management, and 8 storage/compute devices. All on the same subnet and all can “see”
each other.

Concerning the error, how can I figure out which storage host is causing the time out error?

Regards,

Richard Persaud

From: Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2018 3:53 PM
To: users <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: SystemVM template - timeout waiting for response from storage host

⚠ EXT MSG:

Hi,

did you preseed the systemVM template as in the guide ?
i.e.
 /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
-m /mnt/secondary -u systemvm-kvm-4.11.2 -h kvm -s
<optional-management-server-secret-key> -F

After starting the Management server (after you have preseeded the systemVM
template previously...), CloudStack should recognize systemVM template as
fully downloaded on Secondary Storage NFS and mark it as Ready and 100%
downloaded.

Can your KVM host access Secondary Storage NFS (mount it) ?
Can you Management server access Secondary Storage NFS ?

Cheers

--

Andrija Panić

* This is an EXTERNAL EMAIL. Stop and think before clicking a link or opening attachments.