cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Overvoorde <a.overvoo...@nerdalize.com>
Subject MTU inside (system) VMs is not set correctly
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 13:58:28 GMT
Hi,

I have a setup where the public traffic travels over a VLAN interface and
should have an MTU of 1400 rather than the default 1500. The virtual
interfaces seem to respect this setting:

*27: vnet5: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1400 qdisc fq_codel
master cloudbr0 state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000*

However, the interfaces inside the VMs try to use an MTU of 1500. I solved
this for user VMs by providing a cloud-init script that sets the MTU, but
there seems to be no such possibility for system VMs. How do I set the MTU
correctly?

--

[image: Nerdalize]

Alexander Overvoorde