cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Kudryavtsev <kudryavtsev...@bw-sw.com>
Subject Safe way to disable VR DNS for running zone
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 21:44:16 GMT
Hello, Community.

CS 4.10 introduced IPv6 for Basic Zone, now in 4.11 we are using the
feature in production and everything works great except that IPv6 DNS is
not supported on VR which is announced by DHCP. As a result, in DNS
resolver we have 3 DNS servers - two external which support IPv6 DNS (AAAA)
resolution and one, which is VR and doesn't support IPv6 DNS resolution.

The question is how to cut DNS feature for a running Zone (Basic Zone With
SG) safely without stopping the operation. Anybody has dealt with that?
What is your suggestions about possible approaches.

Thanks a lot.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks LLC