cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Farrar <Daniel.Far...@carringtonmh.com>
Subject RE: KVM Agent Error: Incorrect details for private Nic
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 16:13:54 GMT
This set me straight, much appreciated!  Was over-complicating my demo setup, got rid of all
vlans for Public and Management networks while leaving Guest networks with a VLAN range.
No issues now.

Daniel Farrar

-----Original Message-----
From: Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:42 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: KVM Agent Error: Incorrect details for private Nic

Hi Daniel,

Yes makes sense and this is your simplest setup. Just remembered I updated this blog post
a couple of months back - it should see you right https://www.shapeblue.com/networking-kvm-for-cloudstack-2018-revisit-for-centos7-and-ubuntu-18-04/

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 10/01/2019, 16:37, "Daniel Farrar" <Daniel.Farrar@carringtonmh.com> wrote:

    Thank you Dag, this looks very likely to be the case.  I was able to find a scenario yesterday
that brought the service up by setting eno1.8 type to Ethernet, disabling eno1.8, restarting
the agent service, then re-enabling eno1.8 as type Vlan.  My intended design was to create
a 2 NIC bond (for now just single NIC eno1 for troubleshooting), create subinterfaces (ex
eno1.8 for vlan8), and assign each subinterface to a cloudstack service.  I will try letting
Cloudstack take care of all vlans and remove the subinterface, pointing cloudbr0 directly
to eno1 or bond.

    ​​​​​Daniel Farrar