cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gregor.Ri...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject Re: Safe way to disable VR DNS for running zone
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 09:58:29 GMT
Hi Ivan,

> The question is how to cut DNS feature for a running Zone (Basic Zone
> With
> SG) safely without stopping the operation. Anybody has dealt with
> that?
> What is your suggestions about possible approaches.

How about ignoring the nameservers supplied via DHCP?

For example, if you use dhclient, you can add
supersede domain-name-servers <your_external_ns_ip>;
to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf.

This is probably not what you want, as you will lose access to the
local domain, but external hostnames will at least work as expected.

The correct solution will obviously be to fix the resolver in the VR so
AAAA records resolve instead of falling back to A records. I think this
qualifies as bug, at least if you have IPv6 enabled in your zone.

Regards,
Gregor