cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Melanie Desaive <m.desa...@heinlein-support.de>
Subject How to Reorganise Storage Tags
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:50:36 GMT
Hi all,

we are currently reorganizing our SAN Setup and I would like to
introduce new storage tags on my existing volumes.

I was naively assuming to simply change the tags or offering by GUI or
API calls.

Does not seem to work. Only way to change the tags, seems to be by using
a new disk offering, which is denied, when the tags between old and new
offering differ. :( Or am I missing something?

I had a look into the cloud database, and the storage tags, seem to be
only stored in

  disk_offering.tags
and
  storage_pool_tags.tag

Would it be a valid option for me to update disk_offering.tags by SQL to
the desired value or could that break some deeper logic?

Or is there even a better way to change the storage tags for existing
volumes. (With or without downtime for the VMs)

Looking forward to any advice!

Greetings,

Melanie

Heinlein Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

http://www.heinlein-support.de
Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 0
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin