cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 13:09:00 GMT
Hi Eric & Jean-Francois,
Thanks for your work in testing.
There is an open vote, could you now (and in future) respond to the thread, the official vote
will/would pass as it stands. (I only caught this through doing a final sweep of the mailing
lists).

@Jean-Francois Nadeau is your error specifically related to creating shared networks in *projects*
?

@eric please could you document the specific issues that you found, so that we can try to
replicate and fix them

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Lee Green <eric.lee.green@gmail.com>
Sent: 04 November 2018 21:29
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem creating networks after 4.11 upgrade

Yeah, had all sorts of problems with custom network offerings after upgrading to 4.11.1, along
with problems with launching virtual machines (every attempt to launch resulted in a "not
enough resources" error), couldn't get virtual routers to come up for custom networks, etc.
I didn't have time in my service window to do any detailed examinations of why they were failing,
I just downgraded back to 4.9.2 before my service window ended. When 4.11 is stable, maybe
I'll try upgrading to it again.
(OS: Centos 7. Old version: 4.9.2. New version: 4.11.1. Hardware: Three compute servers with
dual hexacore processors and 96gb+ of memory w/KVM.
End result after two hours of trying to make it work: Downgrade back to
4.9.2.)

I was thinking about migrating most of my other computer servers into the Cloudstack cloud
because it's easier for my users to take care of their own resources, but I was hoping to
do it after migrating to 4.11.
I guess not.