cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yordan Kostov <Yordan.Kos...@worldsupport.info>
Subject cloudstack reset VM password files
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 08:08:12 GMT
Dear all,

                Recently I boggled down into building a template and while browsing through
the docs I noticed that most of it has not been updated for some time.
                http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/adminguide/templates.html#adding-password-management-to-your-templates

                Here are the findings on which I made my opinion:

-          Linux OS

o   "Download the script file cloud-set-guest-password" is pointing towards a 4.2 repo that
is dead link.

o   While deploying I found out that cloud-set-guest-password script was missing the DHCLIENT
path for NetworkManager which meant the script will not work for Centos 7.

-          Windows OS

o   The link pointing for the CloudInstanceManager.msi instance works but says it is obsolete.

o   Sys prep docs cover Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 only. (http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/adminguide/templates.html#creating-a-windows-template)
what about 2016 and 2019?

I do not mind editing that docs section but could you please point to what should be considered
the current (up to date) solution for both platforms?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jordan Kostov