cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Bruyere <bruyere.alexan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems configuring KVM host
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:46:32 GMT
To Andrija:

I'm not sure what you mean by making the NIC part of the BRIDGE - if you
mean make sure it's part of the inner network, it's already done, all
machines (physical and virtual) have Internet access.
I am looking forward to an updated guide if you do get to it, though (the
thought is much appreciated).
-----
KVM host configurations:
Starting point: CentOS 6.10 Minimal Install

ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=[Redacted for readability]
TYPE=Ethernet
UUID=[Redacted for readability]
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=no
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=204.168.1.51
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=204.168.1.1
DNS1=192.168.101.1

SELinux was set to permissive

NTP was installed

Community package repository was used:

cloudstack.repo

[cloudstack]
name=cloudstack
baseurl=http://download.cloudstack.org/centos/6/4.11/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Modified qemu.conf to enable vnc_listen on 0.0.0.0

Libvrtd.conf had several lines altered as per the tutorial:
listen_tls = 0
listen_tcp = 1
tcp_port = "16059"
auth_tcp = "none"
mdns_adv = 0

Uncommented LIBVIRTD_ARGS in /etc/sysconfig/libvirtd

-----
Zone config:

Name: CSTestZone
Network Type: Basic
Public: Yes
DNS 1: 192.168.101.1
Internal DNS 1: 192.168.101.1
Guest Network KVM traffic label: 204.168.1.0/24
Management Network KVM traffic label: 204.168.1.0/24

-----
And for good measure, here's the error that the management server throws
when I try adding the host (thanks for the path to the logs!)

2018-10-17 13:41:59,867 WARN  [c.c.h.k.d.LibvirtServerDiscoverer]
(qtp1386767190-15:ctx-0e54785c ctx-ee01f7ae) (logid:1a5a07f0)  can't setup
agent, due to com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Failed to
setup keystore on the KVM host: 204.168.1.51 - Failed to setup keystore on
the KVM host: 204.168.1.51
2018-10-17 13:41:59,868 WARN  [c.c.r.ResourceManagerImpl]
(qtp1386767190-15:ctx-0e54785c ctx-ee01f7ae) (logid:1a5a07f0) Unable to
find the server resources at http://204.168.1.51
2018-10-17 13:41:59,868 INFO  [c.c.u.e.CSExceptionErrorCode]
(qtp1386767190-15:ctx-0e54785c ctx-ee01f7ae) (logid:1a5a07f0) Could not
find exception: com.cloud.exception.DiscoveryException in error code list
for exceptions
2018-10-17 13:41:59,868 WARN  [o.a.c.a.c.a.h.AddHostCmd]
(qtp1386767190-15:ctx-0e54785c ctx-ee01f7ae) (logid:1a5a07f0) Exception:
com.cloud.exception.DiscoveryException: Unable to add the host
        at
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHostsFull(ResourceManagerImpl.java:820)
        at
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHosts(ResourceManagerImpl.java:606)

To Simon:
Fully plan on migrating to CentOS 7.x or Ubuntu Server LTS - this is merely
a test to see if the behavior of Cloudstack is adequate for the project. As
Andrija mentioned, the tutorial makes use of CentOS 6.x, and that's what
I'm going to until it works, because from experience it's *never* a good
idea to start changing things up without understanding how and why software
works. Though admittedly that's hypocritical because the guide did make use
of the management server as a host as well...