cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Bruyere <bruyere.alexan...@gmail.com>
Subject Host/cluster preference?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:31:07 GMT
Hello.

In my current project, I would need to make Cloudstack have a strong
preference for a host/cluster to be applied (specific scenario: hybrid
cloud that would use local cluster as primary host, with emergency
switchover to external cluster in case of issue).

However, looking at the documentation I can find, I can only see that it is
possible to make the allocators either prohibit hosts from hosting VMs, or
have it choose among preferences.

Aside from a hack by using the type preference (making the external cluster
prefer to run a configuration which isn't running), is there any proper way
to go around this?